Social Media Intern Position
Paleohacks & PaleoPlan are looking social media interns to help manage and engage with our rapidly growing social media audience. We specialize in recipe, health, DIY, and fitness content based around the Paleo lifestyle — and although we believe that Paleo is the healthiest way of living, we promise that we are NOT culty about it. 🙂
Being familiar with Paleo & food will be definitely a value add for this position, although not required. Most importantly, we are looking for interns with actual, tangible experience on the social media platforms that we will be having them manage: Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter. We will be looking for about 1 intern per platform.
This internship is a great opportunity to make some extra money this summer, along with getting in-depth experience into how a large brand manages their social media presence. By the end of this internship, you will be fully equipped to be a social media manager almost anywhere.
Here’s what your responsibilities will look like, depending on which platform you focus on:
- Engage with our followers in comments and messages and provide them with resources/articles/references to help them and answer their questions
- Create resources to simplify the engagement process — FAQ sheets for commonly asked questions, a database of resources
- Keep track and organize top performing posts
- Curate 3rd party content that matches our brand goals and objectives
- Find and engage with other Paleo influencers on Facebook
- Engage with followers in our messages and comments
- Engage with other influencers and pages and build connections with their audiences
- Research trending content and hashtags on special days and holidays i.e: #cincodemayo, #Mothersdayrecipes, #pancakesunday etc.
- Curate and collect funny food, fitness, and health related quotes and popular images
- Assist with scheduling our pins — regular and video
- Assist with managing and updating our boards and board descriptions
- Research trending pinterest topics, relevant group boards, and seasonal trends
- Manage and organize best performing pins
- Engage with other top boards & influencers and our followers on pinterest
- Engage with our audience, influencers, and other Paleo twitter accounts
- Research & engage with journalists and bloggers for us to connect with
- Curate 3rd party content that matches PH brand goals and objectives i.e. from Buzzfeed, MindBodyGreen, Popsugar
- Research trending content and hashtags that are relevant to our brand — i.e. food holidays, health topics, fitness trends, food crazes etc.
- Monitor new followers and make sure to see who our top followers were each month and build a relationship
Students applying for this internship should have experience in each of these platforms, though we will provide training as well. When you apply, please send:
- Your Resume
- A link to your Instagram and/or personal website if you have one
- Any social media campaigns you’ve run previously
Must be 18 or older to apply. Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org